Summer is here, and for me it’s the perfect time for a good margarita, so queue up this spicy pineapple variation on the classic margarita. This cocktail comes together easily with pineapple juice, lime juice, orange liqueur, jalapeño slices, and tequila.
In this margarita variation, I essentially followed the same steps as my Blood Orange Jalapeño Margarita, obviously substituting the blood orange with pineapple. I also switched up the salt rim here. For this version, I’m using a mix of salt and chili powder. Check out the instructions below, and enjoy!
Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz orange liqueur I used Cointreau
- 2-3 jalapeño slices about 1/8 in thin
- 3 oz pineapple juice
- 2 oz tequila I used Casamigos Reposado
- salt +chili powder for rim of glass
- In a shaker combine lime juice, orange liqueur, and jalapeños. Muddle.
- Add pineapple juice, tequila, and ice. Shake until shaker is cold.
- Prepare glass. Rub lime around rim of glass. Dip into chili salt. (add ice if desired)
- Strain cocktail into glass. Garnish if desired.